Thursday 28 February 2013

377



I have a very lovely and talented friend who goes by the name of Lukas / Lukat. He wrote and illustrated a real actual graphic novel and is very famous now because it is real good. I bought it in my favourite bookstore and finished it later that night, in the light of googletranslate, hidden under covers.
I never quite liked comics as a kid. I only read them on holidays when I had already finished all my own librarybooks and had to read the comics my brother had picked out (some sort of compromise of my mum, who tried to get him to read). But recently I have discovered the joys of graphic novels. It is like watching a movie in your hands. I read them often in the library of Amsterdam. If you know of any good ones, you should let me know.
I was a very lucky girl because my copy is signed with a cat. Maybe you are not so lucky, but you could still get the book and then you are also a bit lucky.

3 comments:

  1. it looks so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should read "sandman" by neil gaiman!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Persepolis" by Marjane Satrapi and "V for Vendetta" by Alan Moore. You might have watched the movies already, but the graphic novels were published first are they're much better!

    ReplyDelete