Saturday 7 September 2013

408



One year ago, on this 7th of september, I took off for 6-month adventure in Hamburg. I can still feel the weight of the backback on my shoulders and the excited tingles in my stomach, and in fact pretty much every detail of that day, like a movie in my mind. But there seems to be a lifetime of experiences in this last year, which makes it seem like it lasted a decade.
I don't regret my decision to finish my school here, and I'm excited to start classes again next week. I had to get out of it all to appreciate it again and see things in a different light. But that doesn't take away that I miss the amazing beauty and 'ease' of the city, the life, the people and the school there. It's good to know places like that exist.
In a few months I can move again, so I'm excited for whatever the next 12 months will bring. Untill then I'll be so busy learning a lot and spending time with loved ones, that I probably won't even be able to notice the immer grey skies above this silly little town. Ignorance is bliss, sometimes. Ha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment